Senior Care Management provides comprehensive, individualized services to help seniors and their families through the challenges of aging in the 21st Century.
For many seniors, keeping up with day-to-day tasks can be difficult. Most do not use computers, so they can’t “go online” to get assistance or information they need to solve a problem. Bills need to be paid, mail sorted. Documents need to be organized for taxes or insurance. A denied claim requires a phone call, or two, or six. Try doing this with failing eyesight or hearing, arthritis, or memory problems, and what once seemed like a small thing can become overwhelming.
What is worrisome for many families is having a loved one living far away from them, and wondering if everything is really all right, or if there is a cause to be concerned. Having Senior Care Management available to be the “eyes and ears” here in South Florida can be the reassurance that is needed in between family visits.
Our services are available to anyone, but are most often utilized by people undergoing life-changing transitions, such as seniors with failing eyesight, memory problems, or other medical issues; children of aging parents; families facing chronic and acute medical issues; and widows or widowers.
The services we offer include:
- Advising for aging in place and life transitions
- Coordination needed for senior moves
- Helping people maintain their independence by managing daily financial transactions, paperwork and errands
- Assistance with parent care conversations
- Stress management techniques
- Bill paying, account monitoring, resolving billing disputes, account reconciliation
- Assessing income, assets and expenses to create budgets and spending plans
- Organizing financial, medical and household documents
- Monitoring and verifying insurance payments and claims
- Resolving billing and insurance disputes
- Navigating Social Security and other bureaucracies
- Organizing tax documents
- Healthcare benefit plan reviews and recommendations
- Creating paper and digital filing systems
- Estate planning and advanced directive document review
- Assisting with VA & Medicaid applications
- Developing strategies for future needs
- Accompanying clients to doctors’ appointments
- Senior advocacy and professional service referral